• Addresses a real and pressing problem;
• Analyses the context of the problem and develops a practical solution for the target community or persons;
• Uses appropriate engineering skills, knowhow and technologies;
• Is novel, original and innovative;
• Is environmentally sound and sustainable;
• Is technologically sound, cost effective and workable in proposed environment;
• Includes an evidence-based mechanism to assess the value/efficacy of their innovation;
• Demonstrates familiarity with humanitarian quality measures
• Must consider the vulnerable, including disability, diversity & gender protection
• Must consider the number of people helped and the alleviation impact.
To be considered for the prize, entrants must put forward a submission in which they…
• Identify by research, a real problem in a humanitarian context.
• Preferably, the problem will have a connection to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
• Problems and solutions that focus on needs which do not conventional commercial nance driven markets.
• Especially propose solutions aimed to alleviate or address needs of disadvantaged communities.
Humanitarian Innovation Pitch Submissions
• Submissions are to be made ONLY through the competition submission form.
• Only one submission for each team will be accepted. Teams are not to submit multiple entries.
• Submissions must be concise and demonstrate capacity to market an idea effectively.
• Address social groups that may be overlooked by traditional engineering and technology projects.